Off-Campus Housing

Lipscomb believes that students profit more from living on campus than from living in rented rooms or apartments off campus. Living off campus is extended to students who are seniors. Freshmen, sophomores and juniors are required to live on campus, except for those who are living at home with their parents in the Nashville area and those who are married and living with their spouse.

Approval to live off campus can be given if a student meets at least one of these stipulations:

  • 90 hours earned prior to the beginning of the stated term
  • 21 years of age
  • Enrolled in fewer than nine hours
  • Living with parents in the Nashville area ( Parents must live here full time)

Allergies, dietary needs, financial hardships, etc., do not grant students approval to live off campus prior to meeting the off-campus stipulations described above. Any Lipscomb financial gift or grant aid that you have been awarded is based on you living on campus. Moving off campus could result in a reduction of these awards. It is your responsibility to contact Financial Aid at 615-966-1791 to see how moving off campus could affect your financial award.

Final approval to live off campus must be granted by the Office of Residence Life before students may enter into an agreement that would bind them financially, morally or legally. Students not obtaining this permission in advance will be given the choice of moving back into a residence hall or withdrawing from the university. Students on disciplinary probation may be required to live on campus. In such instances, it will be the student's responsibility to negotiate his or her release from any long-term lease. The university will not be responsible for losses sustained by students who are required to move back on campus. Failure to move back on campus may result in a student's immediate suspension. Students approved for off-campus housing understand that all campus regulations apply to them as well. Permission to live off campus must be granted every year.

Off Campus Applications need to be completed every Spring before class registration to prevent a Residence Life hold being placed on a students account. Approvals for off campus requests do not roll from year to year.

Off-Campus App ??

If you have any questions about living off campus or off-campus requirements, contact the Office of Residence Life at or by phone at 615.966.6062 or 800.333.4358, x. 6062.